Werribee Zoo

Last week we went on and African adventure close to home to investigate living things and their habitats. When we arrived we embarked on a bumpy safari tour. We drove around the open plains and learnt about the animals, what they eat and where they live. It was amazing to be so close to such amazing animals. We learnt about some of the reasons many of them are endangered and what the zoo is doing to help the species survive.

After that we participated in the habitat detective workshop where we listened to the sounds of natures and looked for signs of living things in our environment. We talked about some of the things that all living things need to survive including shelter, water and food.

Finally, we had some free time to look around the zoo. There were so many things to see!

‘My favourite part of going to the zoo was seeing the gorillas’. –  Baye

‘My favourite part of going to the zoo was walking through the kids jungle to see the rhinos and it was really fun to play on the playground.’ – Isla. 

‘My favourite thing about the zoo was the safari bus because we got to ride around and see lots of animals’- Jake

What is your favourite animal? Why?

2 thoughts on “Werribee Zoo

1. Dear 1C,
    Wow it looks like you all had a great time at the werribee zoo not to mention how much I love it. Im just wondering, did you go on the safari tour through the zoo? Well if you did I thinks it just amazing and one of the best zoos around because it lets the animals Rome free much more than other zoos and it has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many cool cultural things inside it and lots of beautiful animals to explore and learn about. I hope you all had a magnificent time at the werribee zoo and had a great once in a life time experience. From Chloe (Bayes sister.

2. Dear 1C,
    It looks like you had an amazing time at Werribee zoo. When I went earlier in the year I loved it. I think it’s the best zoo in the world because you get to stay there at night witch would be awesome. When I went Werribee zoo my favourite part was the safari bus. It was really cool going right next to the animals. I loved Looking at the giraffe eating the leaves of the tree. There taller than I thought. My favourite animal is a jaguar because they look so strong and beastly. It makes me want to have a pet jaguar. But it might eat me up and I will be gon for ever.

From Bruno