Shapes

Over the past week the students in grade one have been learning to identify and describe 2D shapes. We have been practising naming, drawing and describing the number of corners and sides of each shape. This week we will be learning all about 3D shapes. 2D and 3D shapes exist everywhere in the world around us. Today we went on a shape hunt around our school to try and see how many 3D shapes we could find. The students loved being ‘shape detectives’.

119907688

What are some of the similarities and differences between 2D and 3D shapes?

4 thoughts on “Shapes

1. Dear 1C I hope you have had a fantastic week of shapes. What is everyone’s favourite 3Dementional and 2Dementional shape. What’s is simaler between a 3Dementional and 2Dememtional. Does anyone now how to draw a cube. Your dad and mum can tech you to make a 3D or 3Dementional shape.๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค

2. Dear 1c have you learnt about 3D shapes and 2D shapes. I Have Learnt SO mutch about shapes . I recon you have to. I hope you have a fantastic week of shapes.

3. Dear Daddy,
    Pickle here๐Ÿ˜€ are you having a good time?I am.Gess what?We’re having olypics day on Friday! But here come’s the exciting bit…I get to hold the Argentinian flag!!!See you soon.I miss you soooo much!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

Love Skye๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. I know it has been Hard to get our attention in class but I, m sorry I try to be quite but people start a conversation with me and go on forever! I avenchlly get to work. I was ingoing the shapes when we were doing the shapes. I learned a LOT about shapes!From Eliza.